Indian Spice Tasting Collection
Our tasting collections are a great way to try a lot of new high-quality spices at very affordable prices. Each pack comes with spices packed in individual foil packs, perfect for sampling.
The Indian Masalas Tasting Collection includes all the spices above, perfect for trying your hand at some tasty Indian dishes.
- Garam Masala
- Aromatic, warm, and fierce. Our Garam Masala comes from our chef Meherwan Irani's family. Use this in any recipe that calls for it, but also try it as a finishing touch on roasted vegetables, in stews, or rubbed on grilled meats.
- Tandoori Masala
- Spicy, tangy, and bright. This blend was engineered to impart maximum flavor, even for those without a clay tandoori oven. Rub directly on meat, and try it on grilled chicken, marinades, and roasted vegetables.
- Madras Curry Powder
- Warm, citrusy, and mild. There is actually no such thing as "curry powder" in India, but hey, if you want one, you got the best one. In addition to "curry" try it in marinades, soups, and braised meats
- Pakora Masala
- Salty, savory, & slightly spicy, this pakora masala will take you to the streets of India. Whip up a batter with chickpea flour and water, and fry for a crunchy snack that is a beloved staple on the Chai Pani menu.
- Chaat Masala
- Funky, salty, and tangy, Chaat masala is a magical mixture of spices that is entirely unique to Indian cuisine. Put it on anything - from savory flavours to fruity; you won't be disappointed!
- Turmeric Powder
- A longtime staple as a fabric dye and ingredient in Ayurvedic cooking and medicine (since 500 BC!), turmeric is currently enjoying a huge resurgence in popularity due to its anti-inflammatory and digestive qualities. A rhizome that looks similar to ginger root when pulled out of the ground, dried and powdered turmeric has stunning marigold color and earthy taste that pairs well with citrus or honey.
- Golden Milk
- Treat yourself to liquid gold! This tasty turmeric drink is packed with antioxidants and the warm flavors of ginger, nutmeg, and roasted coriander. In a small pot, add 1 teaspoon to 1 cup of milk or dairy-free alternative. Simmer for 3 minutes, sweeten to taste with honey or sugar, and enjoy!
- Roasted Cumin Powder
- Without cumin, we’d have no savory dal, tajine or chili. Hundreds of beloved recipes get their distinctive tang, punchy heat, and tawny color from cumin. Made from the thin, tiny seeds of the delicate cumin plant (a relative of dill and caraway), the spice originated in Asia (hence its appearance in the famous Xi’an noodle dishes), but was widely dispersed via the Silk Road, and used as an antibacterial addition to foods. Roasting adds depth and a toasted undertone
- Chai Masala
- Unlike your normal drive-thru chai, this blend is inspired by Indian street flavors: heavier on the ginger and cardamom, lighter on the cinnamon. Mix it directly in a cup of your favorite black tea to your preferred strength and enjoy!
- Made in Ashville, NC
- Garam Masala - Nutmeg, Clove, Cinnamon, Black Peppercorn, Cumin Seed, and Green Cardamom
- Tandoori Masala - Kashmiri Chilli Powder, Cumin, Coriander, Turmeric, Kasoori Methi, Garam Masala, Ginger, Garlic, Chaat Masala, Lime Juice Powder, Citric Acid. Contains: Trace amounts of wheat
- Madras Curry Powder - Coriander, Turmeric, Cumin, Fennel, Fenugreek, Black Pepper, Granulated Garlic, Cassia Cinnamon, Cloves, Cayenne
- Pakora Masala - Salt, Cumin, Ajwain Seed, Turmeric, Kashmiri Chilli
- Chaat Masala - Amchoor, Black Salt, Cumin, Coriander, Black Pepper, Ginger, Mint, Ajwain, Hing. Contains: Trace amounts of wheat
- Turmeric Powder - Turmeric
- Golden Milk - Turmeric, Cinnamon, Ginger, Black pepper, Nutmeg, Roasted Coriander
- Brown Mustard Seed - Black Mustard Seeds
- Roasted Cumin Powder - Cumin Powder
- Chai Masala - Ginger, Cinnamon, Green Cardamom, Black Pepper, Clove, Allspice
Contains: Trace amounts of wheat
Are your spices gluten-free?
Yes, all but three! We adhere to a strict and robust allergen safety program in our factory. Our Modena Balsamic Rub, Chaat Masala, and Tandoori Masala do contain trace amounts of wheat. This is processed on some shared equipment, which we sanitize and test for allergens after each run.
Are your spices Kosher?
We are not certified kosher, but our spices are free of unlisted ingredients and our facility is meat, nut, dairy, and egg free.
What about peanut-free?
Yes, we are a peanut-free facility! We do not process nuts in our facility, and we only purchase ingredients that have already been tested. We also have an allergen safety protocol that is followed during the production of your spices.
Packages typically ship within 2-3 business days after you place your order. We’d love to see you in our Corning, New York location, so please stop on by!
To be the first to see our newest arrivals, don't forget to follow our Facebook business page. You can also find our New Arrivals here in the shop, and don’t forget to follow us on Instagram and Pinterest!