Mediterranean Tasting Collection
Our tasting collections are a great way to try a lot of new high-quality spices at very affordable prices. Each collection comes with spices sealed in individual foil packs, perfect for sampling.
The Mediterranean Tasting Collection contains 10 tasting packs total. Included is a number of our own special spice blends that represent multiple regions in the Mediterranean, from North Africa to Italy.
- Spicy, herbaceous, and bright. Harissa is a darling of the spice world as of late, and a staple on North African tables. Goes great on vegetables, in soups, and in egg dishes. Or, use it as a rub for roasted or grilled meats
- Ras El Hanout
- Well y'all, we've perfected the ultimate fireside companion and saddling up for a whole new rodeo. This updated blend will have your boots scootin'! With spicy, smoky, herbaceous, this rub will enhance just about anything that touches the grill. Yeehaw!
- Modena Balsamic Rub
- Tangy, bright, and rich. A major hit in the Spicewalla lineup. You'll find yourself eating it straight out of the tin, but resist eating it all! Leave some for the grilled chicken, dressings, and marinades.
- Green Za'atar
- Found in most Israeli and Palestinian kitchens, our interpretation of this classic spice blend adds marjoram, parsley, and dill to the mix, giving it a light herbaceous flavour. Try it in baked goods, pasta salads, dips & dressings, and your favorite Mediterranean dishes.
- Complex, zesty, tart, and floral. With sumac, sesame, cumin, and herbs, it's a quintessential spice mix of the Middle east. Try it on roasted vegetables, savory yogurt sauces, or mix with olive oil to brush on flatbread.
- Tuscan Seasoning
- Woody, robust, savory, and Tuscan as can be - with dried Italian herbs, minced garlic, and black pepper. Try it mixed with high-quality olive oils, pasta, and roasted chicken.
- Mediterranean Oregano
- Highly floral, one sniff of this oregano can send you off into a total Under the Tuscan Sun moment. This oregano plant, unlike Mexican oregano, is closely related to mint and keeps its pungent flavor even when dried. It grows tenaciously in hot, rocky climates, and has traditionally been used in marinades for grilled meats and as a complement to more mild flavors, such as creamy feta
- Cyprus Flake Salt
- This delicate, pyramid-shaped salt hails from the coast of the Mediterranean, where it’s harvested over a years-long process of raking and evaporation in shallow pools, and dried by the sun. That slow burn gives it a shatteringly crisp texture that dissolves cleanly on the tongue. Fittingly, it adds a touch of summery ocean air to everything it touches but is especially well-suited to white fish, roasted vegetables, and delicate lettuces.
- Spanish Paprika
- Sweetly mellow and distinctive, Spanish paprika traces its roots back to Mexico. The colonial-era Spanish adopted the bright red pepper plant with gusto, and disseminated it to the Balkans, Hungary, and beyond. Sweet, or dulce, paprika is made from the mild, medium-sized Bola and Jacaranda peppers, and has more vegetal flavor than heat. It’s traditionally stirred into Spanish aioli and creamy Eastern European chicken paprikash (hence the name)..
- Maybe the most famous herb in the world, the hearty basil plant’s wide, tender leaves are a symbol of prosperity and a powerful source of aromatherapy. Though basil is most closely associated with classic Italian dishes like Genoa pesto, it actually originated in India, where some varieties have a stronger, more acidic flavor. Easy to grow in kitchen gardens, basil’s fragrant leaves can be dried and added to pistou, salads, soups, and so much more.
- Made in Ashville, NC
- Harissa - Guajillo, Garlic, Paprika, Caraway, Coriander, Cumin, Salt, Brownulated Sugar, Citric Acid, Cayenne
- Ras El Hanout - Turmeric, Cumin, Paprika, Cinnamon, Coriander, Ginger, Black Pepper, Nutmeg, Cayenne, Green Cardamom, Allspice, Clove
- Modena Balsamic Rub - Balsamic Powder, Salt, Garlic, Brownulated Sugar, Parsley, Tomato, Basil, Rice Concentrate. Contains: Trace amounts of wheat
- Green Za'atar - Thyme, Mediterranean Oregano, Sumac, White Sesame Seeds, Marjoram, Parsley, Dill
- Za'atar - Sumac, Sesame Seeds, Salt, Oregano, Coriander, Thyme, Aleppo, Cumin
- Tuscan Seasoning - Minced Garlic, Basil, Kosher Salt, Granulated Garlic, Thyme, Marjoram, Mediterranean Oregano, Rosemary, and Black Pepper
- Mediterranean Oregano - Mediterranean Oregano
- Cyprus Flake Salt - Cyprus Flake Salt
- Spanish Paprika - Spanish Paprika
- Basil - Basil
Contains: Trace amounts of wheat
Are your spices gluten-free?
Yes, all but three! We adhere to a strict and robust allergen safety program in our factory. Our Modena Balsamic Rub, Chaat Masala, and Tandoori Masala do contain trace amounts of wheat. This is processed on some shared equipment, which we sanitize and test for allergens after each run.
Are your spices Kosher?
We are not certified kosher, but our spices are free of unlisted ingredients and our facility is meat, nut, dairy, and egg free.
What about peanut-free?
Yes, we are a peanut-free facility! We do not process nuts in our facility, and we only purchase ingredients that have already been tested. We also have an allergen safety protocol that is followed during the production of your spices.
Packages typically ship within 2-3 business days after you place your order. We’d love to see you in our Corning, New York location, so please stop on by!
To be the first to see our newest arrivals, don't forget to follow our Facebook business page. You can also find our New Arrivals here in the shop, and don’t forget to follow us on Instagram and Pinterest!